All work done by CUPE 3912 members should stop for the length of the strike. If you continue to work, you will not be paid.
Due to all of our efforts, Dalhousie’s Administration returned to the bargaining table with a better offer, but one that did not meet all of our demands. For details visit our Bargaining Updates page.
Let’s keep up the pressure by picketing even harder to support our Negotiating Committee before and during their bargaining meetings.
Special Membership Meeting
6:30 pm on Tuesday, November 8, 2022
The meeting will be hybrid. You may attend either in-person at the DSU Council Chambers, on the 2nd floor of the SUB or via Zoom (check your email to RSVP).
November 7 – 10, 2022
Monday (Nov. 7)
- Rebecca Cohn Auditorium (Studley)
Tuesday (Nov. 8)
- Pharmacy Building (Carleton)
Wednesday (Nov. 9)
- Henry Hicks (Studley)
Thursday (Nov. 10)
- Engineering B Building (Sexton)
Picketing has reduced hours (10 AM – 4 PM) for reading week. No picketing on Remembrance Day.
Anyone can join, no prior signup required. Just show up, go to the tent to receive information, buttons, and a sign, and join the picket line. If you have an active contract, sign in and sign out on the timesheets at the tent to ensure you get strike pay. While everyone is welcome at any time, we encourage people to sign-up for our strike schedule. Please sign-up here:
For those who cannot perform strike duties in person due to living far away from Halifax or having specific accommodation needs (immunocompromised or other), please contact DalRemoteDuties@cupe3912.ca.
Other Strike-Related Information
- Our picketing schedule is Monday-Friday, but strike pay is recorded from Wednesday-Tuesday because our strike started on a Wednesday. You will only get paid for at most 20 hours of strike duties with a Wednesday-Tuesday week. Strike pay cheques become available on the following Friday. Please visit the Strike HQ in the SUB to receive your cheque (remote members will have their cheques mailed).
Further detail on the development of the hardship fund will be available at the Special Membership Meeting.
- Most answers to questions you have can be found in the Strike FAQ and the Picketing FAQ.
- If the FAQs do not have the information you need, please email one of the VPs or drop by the Strike HQ in the SUB (2nd floor, Boardroom B) during regular working hours.
- For media, please reach out to our Communications Officer, Gábor Lukács, at email@example.com, or our Outreach Coordinator, David Banoub, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For other matters, contact us at email@example.com.